COVID-19 Reopening Procedures
I’m certain that we are all eager to get back to business as usual with Texas reopening this shortly. Our team has been paying close attention to the rising infection numbers and carefully considering the risks of reopening.
Our #1 priority is always the health and safety of our patients. Period.
Our practice has a unique makeup of many immunocompromised individuals. The protocols we put in place and our decisions for reopening will be made with this in mind.
We plan to begin opening as early as mid-May. These are the adjustments we are making to ensure everyone’s safety:
- All consultations will remain virtual. This change will remain in place for the foreseeable future. If you have a consultation, progress report, report of findings, lab review, functional or nutritional consultation, these will be conducted virtually or on the phone PRIOR to your acupuncture appointment.
- We will resume treatments by opening the clinic for 1-2 days a week. We will reach out to you to start rescheduling your appointments.
- Appointments will be scheduled with at least 30 minutes between each treatment. This allows us enough time to sanitize and turn over the room thoroughly.
- We continue to use a hospital-grade linen service to ensure that your linens are fresh and sanitized.
- Bed cushions and warmers will be removed so that the table can be sanitized after each use.
- Our team has always had HEPA filters in each of the rooms and the waiting area and we will continue to use these.
- We have added UV lights with ozone to sanitize each room on top of our usual sanitation protocols.
- All practitioners will wear scrubs or whitecoat, mask, and gloves when administering treatments.
- All patients will be required to wash their hands in our sink or use hand sanitizer available at the front desk when coming into the clinic.
When coming in for an appointment, we ask that you consider:
- Prior to coming in for a treatment, you will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms. If you are positive for any of the symptoms, we will ask you to reschedule at least 2 weeks out.
- Please wait in your car and text the front desk once you have arrived. Our staff will text or call you to let you know that you can come up.
- If you need to use the restroom prior to your treatment, please do so before coming into the clinic.
- You must wear a mask to access the clinic. No exceptions. If you do not have one, we will have them available for purchase.
- Prior to accessing the clinic, staff will perform a non-contact temperature check.
- Please keep in-person communication to a minimum. If you need further consultation or have additional questions regarding your case, please allow us to schedule a virtual consultation for you.
- Payments must be made using a valid credit card on file. We will not be accepting any cash or checks for payments.
While we’re not yet seeing patients in person, we are still conducting virtual consults, which can be requested below. Curbside pick-up is also still available for herbs. We appreciate everyone’s help in respecting the safety of our community. You have all been so supportive and we are grateful to be able to navigate these uncharted waters with you. We are so excited to see you all soon.
Please sit tight as we roll out our safety protocols and soft opening.
In Good Health,
The Acufunkture Team
Book Your Virtual Session
Our team will be in touch to schedule your appointment by the next "business" day.
Posted in COVID-19 , Uncategorized